Troodon was a troodontid theropod dinosaur from Late Cretaceous 77 mya of North America. The largest subspecies lived in Alaska.
Episode 3: Last Killers in feathered dragons troodon was shown in a database scene on a nest
Alaskan Troodon was first seen when one was drinking water by a herd of Edmontosaurus. At nightfall, a gang of three Troodon attacked the hadrosaurids, a young Edmontosaurus was separated from the herd. The Troodon caught it, and almost killed it before the parent arrived, killing one Troodon by crashing into it and knocking it away. The rest of the Troodon fled. The next morning, the young Edmontosaurus was seen lying dead on the ground.
- Troodon is said to be a carnivore is the show. However, it was a omnivore, yet recent studies found it had no wear marks on its teeth suggest it ate soft foods like meat rather than insects and plants.
- Troodon was actually covered fully in feathers, with wing feathers covering its arms, unlike how it was depicted in the program.
- Troodon and it’s relatives in general had small ”sickle claws” on their feet and likely fed on small animal.
Dinosaur Provincial Park
- In the book, It states that Troodon consumed flesh and plant life, when in the programme it says they survive on a full diet of meat.
- Troodon has been reclassified into three other genera, Stenonychosaurus, Pectinodon, and Latenivenatrix, with only a tooth still belonging to the genus.
|Planet Dinosaur Database and Mentioned Creatures|